I am an Associate Senior Lecturer in Human–Computer Interaction at the Department of Computer and Systems Sciences (DSV) at Stockholm University, Sweden, and a Docent in Social Psychology in the Faculty of Social Sciences at University of Helsinki, Finland.
At DSV, I’m a member of the Post–Interaction Research Group. The main focus of my research is on economic encounters, peer-to-peer exchange, and networked platforms. Currently, I lead two projects: Economic Encounters for Human–Computer Interaction (2018–2021, funded by the Swedish research council) and Algorithmic Systems, Power, and Interaction (2018–2020, funded by KONE foundation). I’m also actively involved in the COST Action From Sharing to Caring: Examining Socio-Technical Aspects of the Collaborative Economy where I co-lead the working group on collaborative economy practices and communities. [For more details on my research, see Publications.]
- Mobile Life Centre (Postdoctoral Researcher in 2014-2016)
- Helsinki Institute for Information Technology HIIT (Various positions in 2007-2014)
- UC Berkeley, School of Information (Visiting Scholar in 2010-2011 and 2013-2014)
- Microsoft Research New England, Social Media Collective (Research Intern in 2012)
- United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (Intern in 2007)
- Statistics Finland (Intern in 2006)